About Me

My photo
I am an easygoing person who likes to fish and just enjoy life. I have a family, a beautiful wife and two(soon to be three), awesome children that make my world go round. I enjoy fishing,photography and being out in nature.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF P. HALLER ????

This is a painting I purchased recently.  It is signed by P. Haller.  It appears to be an original oil painting.  I know a little about the artist, but I have learned what I know from the internet.  I am by no means an expert.  Just curious if anyone out there has any more information on the artist.  I believe he was an Austrian painter.  The painting may be o the Alps.  

Click on Image to Enlarge.

6 comments:

  1. I know a little of Fritz P. Haller, yes he is an Austrian painter an mostly did mountain landscapes and mostly the alps which seems to be the case. I don't know if he played with other materials but I think he only did oil paintings. Here is another one I have seen. I uploaded these pics. I did not take them. They are not worth a ton, the average goes for about $100 but I have heard about one going for about 5 grand. Hope this helps

    http://uploadpic.org/storage/2011/cVnn9S9js89VbcTpww4p4L6cu.jpg

    http://uploadpic.org/storage/2011/JyBmMCo4OenrHWWIPAdOwvR.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I just heard about him, too, and appreciate the info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a painting, unframed,signed in right hand corner by P. Haller. My mother had told me many decades ago that it was a painting of her copied from a photograph that my uncle had with him during the war. She said he was posted at a POW camp, (I think in France) and I believe one of the prisoners he knew painted it for him. It is dated 1945. She was always so proud of that painting and the story behind it. Wish I could find out more about it and Mr. P. Haller

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a painting, unframed,signed in right hand corner by P. Haller. My mother had told me many decades ago that it was a painting of her copied from a photograph that my uncle had with him during the war. She said he was posted at a POW camp, (I think in France) and I believe one of the prisoners he knew painted it for him. It is dated 1945. She was always so proud of that painting and the story behind it. Wish I could find out more about it and Mr. P. Haller

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have that same picture, and framed /signed. Looking to sell

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have that same picture, and framed /signed. Looking to sell

    ReplyDelete

Followers

What is your favorite camera Brand?